Dr. Fixit Dampguard Blue (200 Kg) Waterproofing Dampness Application
Dr. Fixit Dampguard is a two-component coating composed of epoxy resin, curing agent, inert pigments &
properly selected fine fillers, additives in water as a medium. It has an advantage of dilution with water for
application over contentious surfaces.
Dr Fixit Dampguard Blue 200 Kg
Dr. Fixit Dampguard Is a two-component coating composed of epoxy resin, curing agent, inert pigments & properly selected fine fillers, additives in water as a medium.
It has an advantage of dilution with water for application over cementitious surfaces.
It is used as an internal coating for the waterproofing treatments of water tanks and building walls because it can be applied over damp surfaces, has excellent water resistance, adhesion. hardness, toughness and sets faster similar to solvent-based epoxy formulations.
Specification: Certified by CFTRI as per 21 CFR 175 – 300 of US – FDA
Areas of Application
- Waterproofing treatment for RCC water tanks
- Internal damp treatments
- As putty with OPC- White cement to fill the fine cracks in internal walls
- In sterile areas of pharma, food industries & hatcheries.
Features & Benefits
- Economical – Water dilutable with high coverage hence economical.
- Application advantage – Being water based it can be applied over damp concrete & plaster surfaces and provides excellent water-resistant coating.
- Permeability – Reduces water absorption & permeability.
- Adhesion – Provides excellent adhesion to all cementitious substrates
- Film properties – Forms tough, hard & flexible coating.
- Chemical resistant – Excellent resistance to water, salt water, mild acids, alkalis & soap water.
- Water pressure – Can be applied from both sides of water pressure.
- Toxicity – It is Non-toxic
- Eco-friendly – Non-hazardous and non-flammable.
- Microbial resistant – Possesses anti-fungal property and is resistant to micro-organisms.
Method of Application
1. SURFACE PREPARATION
- Clean the surfaces thoroughly, It should be free from oil, grease, dust, dirt, fungus, and moss.
- Thorough wire brushing followed by sanding with emery paper is recommended.
- Remove the existing paint. neroo or instant lime. etc. while treating internal damp walls.
- First, stir the Base and Hardener thoroughly In their individual packs to achieve the uniform consistency.
- Pour the Base part in appropriate container followed by the Hardener part and mix them thoroughly together into a homogeneous smooth paste.
- Dilute the mixed compound with water (In ratio of 1 part Base:1 part Hardener:1 part water) by slow addition and mix it thoroughly until a brushable consistency is obtained.
Waterproofing of RCC water tanks
- Prepare a groove in the crack 1 mm to 5 mm. Clean the dust by washing it with water.
- Fill the cracks & grooves with Dr. Fixit Dampguard and cement modified putty & allow it to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Apply the first brush coat of mixed of Dr. Fixit Dampguard. Allow drying for 6 to 8 hrs.
- Incase of severe dampness problems, apply Dr. Fixit Dampguard – OPC white cement Putty on the entire surface area. Allow it to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Apply second brush coat of mixed Dr. Fixit Dampguard. Allow it to cure completely for 24 hours before applying a cement sand plaster on wall or a screed on floors.
- Allow it to cure for minimum 3-4 days prior to storage of the water. The treatment of Dr. Fixit Dampguard then must be cleaned with the help of damp cloth or sponge and with plenty of water prior to storage of the water.
Dr. Fixit Dampguard Putty Preparation
Mix Dr. Fixit Dampguard (1 part Base & 1 part Hardener) thoroughly, add 2 parts of Ordinary Portland Cement or white cement and add required amount of water lo get a plaster-like consistency paste.
Precautions & Limitations
- Not suitable for rising dampness.
- All previous coatings to be completely removed before application of Dr. Fixit Dampguard.
- Do not over dilute the product.
- Dr. Fixit Dampguard, when applied on exterior surfaces, must be overcoated by weather durable coatings.
- Avoid application below 10°C.
- Use nylon brush for easy brushability.
- Should not be applied on painted surfaces.
- Not resistant to acids and alkalis of higher concentrations (usable up to 5% concentration) and for longer period.
- Drying & curing time depends on the condition of damp surfaces and temperature.
- Before mixing stir the individual packs to achieve uniform consistency.
Questions and answers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.